Translate

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How do you define your favorite musical genre?

How many times have you been asked this question when meeting a new acquaintance? "What type of music do you like?" After my life experience with music I usually respond by naming the genres that I can be found listening to on a regular basis. It usually varies between Rap/Hip Hop and Country for the genre people tend to not to like. I have yet to find that person who says that they do not like both, so if you are that person, speak up!

A person's high school years seem to be the musical experimental years as you are influenced or not influenced by the crowd you know or identify with growing up. You can guess that during high school as I began to develop as a musician myself (Saxophone Alto & Bari), my musical tastes continued to develop. I ran across a radio station one day playing Dance/Trance/Electronica/Freestyle etc. one day.  I believe it changed my life. Don't get me wrong I am fan of everything EXCEPT Country, but for some reason I gravitated towards this genre, and as I have grown older and more experienced I just have become a FANATIC!

Enjoy one of my favorite artists in this genre!



What is your favorite genre of music, and how do you define it?

No comments:

Post a Comment